Villager FC have since 2013 embarked on a fairly courageous path by returning to operating as an amateur club. At the time the decision was not taken lightly especially taking into consideration the history of the club. However it gives me great pleasure to say that after the phenomenal 2014 season where we were crowned champions of the SLB and promoted to the SLA, our “Right Reasons” approach was the right one.
VFC will never lose it’s competitive spirit – and will always endeavour to compete at the top. To do this – amongst others – we have to have professional structures and continue to strive for improvement. This together with our excellent facilities and the fact that we are getting our players to play for the right reasons – I truly believe that we will again be one of the most competitive clubs in the country.
To achieve our ambitions will take time and we truly need all our members past, present and future to reconnect with the club, pay their subs and support us in our events and games.
BOSSIE CLARKE – PRESIDENT
In pursuit of its mission, the Club actively promotes the following values:
• To respect and continue our heritage.
• To play an attractive brand of rugby, play to win but play to enjoy.
• To support an amateur ethos, and in so doing aspire to be the best club we can.
• To play as one Club and to foster team spirit across ALL teams.
• To help all players achieve their full potential regardless of age, standard or ability.
• To provide the very highest standards of coaching and support that we can.
• To foster an environment based on friendship, trust, transparency and respect.
• To create Ambassadors of the club and role models for the game of rugby.
• To promote equal access and opportunity for all.
• To provide a safe, welcoming and friendly environment for members, members’ families and visitors alike.
The coaches and managers of the Club will work towards the achievement of the following objectives in 2017:
• To provide an atmosphere of enjoyment for all players, supporters and sponsors.
• To develop player skills, abilities and confidence.
• To provide a committed platform of management and coaching expertise to all.
• To manage with ability, understanding and personal care for each player and to provide good communication channels with all players.
• To initiate, implement, manage and maintain our new structures.
• To remain in SLA on our terms and be competitive across the board.
• For all our Senior and Junior sides to strive to finish within the top 6 of their respective leagues.
• To ensure every player receives equal opportunity to participate, improve their skills, progress their playing careers and enjoy the Villager Football Club culture.